Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pizza...

one of our Favorite things to eat is Pizza and ordering from a Pizza place just isn't an option anymore for us so I started playing with the idea of creating our own at home and I make them individual because Doug and I don't like the same kind...here is our Favorites to give you an idea so you can create your favorites...

I make up enough pizza dough to make about 6 little pizzas I make our 2 for that night and freeze the rest in little balls rolled up and ready to be pulled out of the freezer and thawed in about 2 hrs...

1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1pkt of yeast
4 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour 1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 3/4 C water

If making by hand combine water and oil and yeast  in bowl and stir in 1 C of flour at a time until dough is no longer sticky.

I make mine in my big mixer I add oil water and yeast into the bowl and add the paddle attachments with the machine on low speed I add one cup of flours at a time along with the salt, as the dough reaches a consistency that is not sticky I switch to my dough hook attachment and I knead on med speed adding a little more flour if need be until dough is elastic and smooth maybe 5 min turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead briefly cut the dough into 6 equal pieces I form them into balls at this point I hold back 2 for the pizzas I am making that night and I wrap the other 4 into plastic and place in a freezer baggie and freeze them.
                                
DOUG'S PIZZA:

Doug's favorite Marinara sauce:

1 Tbl Olive Oil
1 28 oz can of plum tomatoes broken up with their juices
1/4 C Tomato paste
2 Tbl chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp dried basil

heat in a sauce pan bring to a boil then reduce heat to med and simmer to blend
 flavors about 10 min.

I roll his pizza dough out real thin we both like real thin crust so roll it to your preference, I then add some Marinara Sauce and some Vegan Mozzarella Cheese the brand we like best is (Follow your heart) and it melts, I slice some Garlic  and then I add some Vegan Pepperoni the brand he likes is (lightlife smart deli),Mushrooms, I add a little more cheese to the top and place into a 450 degree oven until it is toasty brown the way he likes to eat it ,again it's your preference.

KATHY'S PIZZA:

I roll my dough out really thin and I add a very little bit of Marinara Sauce just enough to wet the bottom of my pizza dough.
I add the following lots of sliced Garlic, Purple Onion, bell pepper, sliced fresh Tomato, mushroom, and Vegan cheese I also bake mine crispy.(I pile the veggies on)

and with 4 pizza rounds frozen in my freezer I can pull them out and have a pizza any time I want. I use the left over marinara sauce in other dishes through out the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment