Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Favorite Hummus...

When we first started eating Vegan all I could think of was Salad and how could I just eat Salad every day for every meal I could not seem to think out side that box so I got up real early one Saturday morning and got my cookbooks out that I have used for 30 years and as I flipped from one to the other I realized I could turn any recipe I have into a Vegan meal...one thing that I have always enjoyed is Hummus I bought the kind though that had a layer of oil floating on the top and since I no longer use any oils at all I got my food Processor out and started playing with the ingredients this is my version of Hummus, again I am Vegan so if you want to use oil please feel free I still love all my Oil eating, Carnivore eating Dairy drinking pals...lol!

I can Garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
2-3 cloves of Garlic
1 Jalapeno (seeds and vein removed)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Vegetable Broth (used in place of oil for thinning)

  put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend it up...we use baby carrots and Zuchinni or what ever veggies you prefer to dip into and gobble up...this is something I make often and keep in the fridge it sure curves the hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment