Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Speedy Spinach Lasagne...

This is a Favorite for years with my Family I have now altered it to fit better into our Vegan lifestyle if you want to add Cheese by all means do it Mozzarella and Ricotta were what I used to use in this...and I also used to add 2 eggs to the Spinach mixture...

1 -Pkg Spaghetti Sauce Mix
1- 8oz can Tomato Sauce
1- 6 oz can Tomato Paste
1 3/4 Cup Water
Firm Tofu
1- 10 oz Pkg Frozen Spinach Thawed and Drained
Lasagne noodles (Whole Grain or Plain)

1. Empty Spaghetti Sauce mix into a small sauce pan add Tomato Sauce, Tomato Paste and water heat and stir till blended.remove from heat.

2.Place Spinach in a bowl and crumble Tofu add salt and pepper to taste.

 3.Using a Baking dish put a little sauce in the bottom and then layer it with Noodles ( I used the plain Lasagne Noodles from Trader Joes that are no boiling required)  Spinach mix ,sauce ,noodles, Spinach mix.etc... until it is all gone ending with Sauce.

4. cover with Foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 - 45 Minutes.(bake longer if using Egg and Cheese)

Believe it or not my Son's Friends that are all grown now still ask me to make this for them I delivered this dish to one of his Friends to our Church a few Months ago he was so excited...lol



4.

No comments:

Post a Comment