Friday, August 5, 2011

Stir Fry...

This recipe I chose to use Quinoa instead of brown rice for the extra protein Quinoa offers.

3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Jalapeno, seeded ,vein removed and minced
Quinoa
 About 1 lb of any choice of any Vegetables you want to use this was what we chose..Carrots , zucchini, onion, Mushroom, Broccoli, Califlower, and baby corn,
1 lime
Bragg Amino acid
1 pkg Tempeh cut into match stick size slices

Spray a Wok or lg pan with cooking spray add the garlic and Jalapeno and toss around in the med hot pan
add Vegetables the ones that take longer to cook I added first and ended with the ones that just needed to be heated
I found the veggies cooked so well creating their own juices that I didn't need to add anything to the pan at all.
when Veggies are done to your preference not over cooked squeeze the juice of one lime and squeeze some Bragg on the top and a little Salt and Pepper to taste and a hand full of Cashews. serve over a bed of Quinoa or brown rice.

Quinoa:
2 C water
1 C quinoa
Rinse Quinoa before cooking like you would brown rice I used a small colander in a med pan place quinoa and water in a pan and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until all liquid is absorbed 10 - 15 minutes.

NOTE: we used this in place of brown rice but if you don't like quinoa then use rice...
Tempeh is a soy product that is high in Protein I added it as a substitute for Chicken I found it to be inexpensive at Trader Joes I would suggest using only half of it in this recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment